Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Isabel Marant for H&M: She makes clothes that girls WANT to wear

photo via Isabel Marant's Instagram

I have yet to buy anything from H&M's designer collections. Maybe it's the hype, or the frenzy it strikes, but something about mass shopping crazes really puts me off shopping. I'd love to be able to find a piece that fits me that I wouldn't regret buying, but it just hasn't happened yet. I even shopped the sale racks for MMM x H&M, and despite availability, I wasn't tempted.  Hopefully, this next collaboration with Isabel Marant will be a real winner. If H&M could bring e-commerce to Canada in time for November, it would take so much stress out of shopping! The only stress you'd get would be from sweaty hands on your credit card.  
Image via H&M

The first look from the collection popped up today, and I'm feeling kinda "meh" on this tunic. Marant's not about wow factor though, she's more about sensual-chic. You wouldn't know it by her FacebookTwitter or Instagram pages but, Marant's got major influence in fashion at least at a retailer level. "She makes clothes that girls want to wear" said Style.com's Nicole Phelps. 
I will admit, I do have a pair of knock-off Bekett wedge runners, and they are comfy as heck.  But buying less expensive designer "inspired" clothing is a whole other can of worms I'll get into later. 

Here are my predictions of what else is going to be involved in her collection:
  • Printed red and white mini dresses
  • Henly neck lines.
  • Leather pants 
  • Sweatshirts 
  • Embellished vests 
  • Booties
  • *STUDS*
  • Cigarette pants
  • Western influences
UPDATE! Isabel Marant is including menswear as well! 

 Watch the video below with an interview with the talented Ms Isabel:
 Video Via H&M.

No comments:

Post a Comment