Monday, July 22, 2013

Partyskirts FW 2013 Lookbook


image via SkotApparel.com

Girly girls love skirts. I can vouch for this tribe, since wearing a  circle/skater/party skirt gives me a big Sailor Moon personality punch.  I learned about Partyskirts through Fashionmagazine.com's Prom guide, (It was for work! I swear!) and saw their ultra adorable lookbook for spring 2013.  You don't have to be in high school to appreciate these minis. Made from dupioni silk, the skirts have an eye-catching sheen and strong structure. 


Sister designers Lauren and Mariel Armstrong aren't just skirt savvy, they're social media pros. Their ever growing fan base is proof of that.  Sometimes, you want to look at your Instagram feed and not feel like you're missing out on life. When I look at my feed sometimes, I want to crawl into a hole and wonder why I'm missing out on all the good stuff. The Partyskirts Instagram is the complete opposite of that, in a light hearted and positive with the best inspirational FOMO possible. As in, I could be going outside and doing this, and wearing one of these skirts would totally turn it up to an 11. Sell a sweet lifestyle, and you're going to get customers. Keep on keepin on girls! 

Their FW13 lookbook was shot by Alan Chan, and styled by Deanna Palkowski.  Denise Elliott was on makeup, and Carolynne Collyer on hair. Models Eva Gii & Emma T. with Lizbell Agency were the shoot's super-heroines.
I've yet to buy mine, seeing as it is a bit of an investment at $195 for a "partyskirt" and $245 for "lady length", but I'll get there. When I do, I'm buying the Outrageous Orange skirt. Believe it or not, orange is the new black season-less!
buy it here: Outrageous Orange












Check out their behind the scenes here:

                                                                  Party Skirts FW13 BTS from Alan Chan on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment